Fanless Laptop für Cloud Apps
When it comes to working anywhere, traveling, working from the sofa or from the garden, the laptop is necessary. That's why it was invented in the first place, to allow people to take their computer with them wherever they go.
On the home office desk, 1 or 2 monitors are needed for ergonomic and effective work.
If we assume that your company has already established a modern workplace
and especially uses Azure Virtual Desktop
or Windows 365
, then a laptop with higher performance is not needed.
Using a fanless Chromebook or a Windows 10/10 Starter or Pro version provides the following benefits:
- Lower purchase costs
- Low support costs and better security since minimal apps are installed locally
- Quiet (fanless) and durable
- Less energy consumption, better battery performance (sustainability)
A MiniPC with dual monitors and matching mount is usually better solution for home office desk, looks tidy and has about the same cost as a 14"/15" Laptop alone, with the same performance. There are other advantages over laptop:
- Cost, more digital workspace, without docking station 2 monitors connectable
- Durability, component construction, easy upgrade, replace monitor, hard disks, mainboard, CPU, fan in case of defect
- Space-saving, MiniPC does not take away its own work space, optimal cleanliness / cable management with fastening above the desk
- Comfort, highly customizable in height, distance, tilt, better cable management and integration with normal keyboard
It can often be observed that a laptop (closed) is connected to 2 larger monitors via docking station, but there is hardly any free space on an actually large table because of the many cables and devices on it.
When it comes to an ergonomic work environment, where a digital and tidy work surface is important, buying 2 devices is an option. A miniPC is not meant to be transported from the office to the home office and vice versa, since several cables have to be connected.
The measurements show that MiniPCs with an external power supply, do not consume more power for the same performance, and there is no power loss due to battery charging. In terms of carbon footprint, notebooks use around 45% more CO2 than mini-PCs, according to the German Federal Environment study
The flexible bracket enables easy assembly for 2 monitors 22" - 27" and 1x MiniPC. We have thought of a tidy cable run and fastening. Existing monitor holder can hold 2 monitors 24" in a stable manner, without screwing.
You can configure
this MiniPC with more memory, hard disk or CPU performance before delivery.